The church was built to win!
If christianity was a team sport and the church was God’s team, What would winning look like? What is the church supposed to be and do to win?
God designed the church to reach the world for Christ, by making disciples.
Making disciples was Jesus original command.
The Mission – To make disciples
How do you make disciples?
Maybe you’re afraid to share your faith because you don’t know what to say. Or maybe you’re sharing the Gospel but nothing is happening; people aren’t committing their lives to christ.
The truth is you can not open someone’s heart to the truth of the Gospel- Only God can by his spirit.
The Apostle Paul wasn’t eloquent but God used him because he depended on the Holy Spirit to guide him. 1 Corinthians 2:1-5
God guided many others in the Bible as well, like Moses who at first asked God to send someone else to lead the Israelites to the Promised land. Or Jonah who didn’t think the wicked deserved God’s mercy and tried to run the other way.
God equips the called and as Christians, we are all called to share what Christ has done. Sharing our faith isn’t just a suggestion, its a command. And God is with us when we obey him. One of the best ways to share your faith is to live a godly life. If you find this is hard to do perhaps God is speaking to you about your own need to walk more closely with him everyday. Another important part of sharing your faith is to pray for those you interact with. If you can’t think of anyone who isn’t a Christian, pray for God to place someone in your life who needs him. Make a habit of reading the Bible, praying, and going to church. This will help you grow in your faith. Being passionate about Christ will help others see that there’s something different about you, and they will want to know what it is.
People need to hear the Gospel!
What is the Gospel?
1 Corinthians 15:1-4
Christ died for our sins, was buried, and raised on the third day.
How to Share the Gospel:
- Tell others about God’s Plan – Peace and Life. God loves you and wants you to experience the peace and life he offers. John 3:16
- Share our Problem – Separation from God. Being at peace with God is not automatic. By nature we are all separated from him. The Bibles says in Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” God is holy and we as humans don’t measure up to his perfect standard. We are sinful and the wages of sin is death according to Romans 6:23
- Share God’s Remedy – The Cross. God’s love bridges the gap of separation between you and him. When Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave, he paid the penalty for your sins. The bible says, “He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross so that we might die to sin and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2:24
- Give opportunity to Respond– Receive Christ. There is only one thing to do when someone gives you a gift you can either accept it or reject it. When you accept Christ you cross the bridge into God’s family. Jesus Christ is the free gift of Salvation. The bible says, “But as many as received him to them he gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12 While we are all created by God we are not all his children, only those who have accepted his son Jesus Christ are his children.
In order to Receive Christ a person needs to do four things:
- Admit your are a sinner
- Ask for forgiveness and be willing to TURN away from your sins.
- Believe that Christ died for you on the cross.
- Receive Christ into your heart and life.
Romans 10:13 says “Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Here’s a prayer you can pray to receive Christ:
“Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. I trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior. Guide my life and help me to do your will. In Jesus name, amen.”
From the Pastor’s Desk